JUST FOUR WEEKS UNTIL THE TOP MOTORCYCLE BRANDS RIDE INTO TORONTO
TO SHOWCASE THEIR NEW MODELS AND CELEBRATE THE MOTORCYCLE LIFESTYLE
TORONTO (January 23, 2020) – Ontario’s biggest motorcycle manufacturers’ event – the Toronto Motorcycle Show presented by NFP – rides into the Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place, Friday, February 21 to Sunday, February 23, giving enthusiasts their first chance to get hands on with the new 2020 models and a wide-range of motorcycle lifestyle features.
This is the province’s only stop on the six-city national show tour for new model motorcycles, scooters, ATVs and side-by-sides, and it features the top motorcycle brands: Aprilia, BMW Motorrad, Can-Am, Harley-Davidson, Ducati, Honda, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Vespa and Yamaha.
Along with the 500+ new, vintage, racing and custom bikes on display, attendees will find the latest in riding gear, accessories and touring destinations.
New this year is a major lifestyle feature called Clutch Society, which celebrates the best of the custom indie motorcycle culture with some of the GTA’s most respected custom bike builders and lifestyle brands.
Produced by Dan Lim of The Moto Foto (https://www.themotofoto.com), a professional fashion and lifestyle photographer and avid member of the Toronto moto community, Clutch Society will have more than 20 one-of-a-kind bikes on display, as well as a great mix of events that showcase some of the very best of what the custom motorcycle scene has to offer.
It will be THE gathering place at the show, where riders of all levels, riding styles and backgrounds can refuel and hang out with friends, order a drink, talk bikes and get revved up for the next riding season.
Other highlights of this family-friendly show (all included with the price of admission) are:
- She Rides Night (Friday, February 21) – Women make up the fastest-growing segment of motorcycling, and this is an evening of celebration for women who ride and those considering the sport. In addition to information and advice specific to the needs of the female rider, ladies will get half-price admission to the Show after 5 pm and be eligible to enter the $2,000 “Shop The Show” prize draw. There’s also free parking for all on Friday night after 5pm.
- Yamaha Riding Academy For Kids introduces children, ages 6-12, to the wonderful world of riding, with hands-on certified instruction and riding gear provided in a 15-minute riding session on the latest Yamaha TT-R off-road motorcycle
- Stunt Shows – Canadian stunt riding star Craig Latimer and Toronto’s Cesare Costantini will showcase their street bike freestyle stunt-riding talents with wheelies, stoppies, head stands, and burnouts (plus the occasional high-fives with the fans cheering them on).
- Kawasaki’s “Own The Street” Motorcycle Giveaway – On Saturday afternoon (February 22) show-goers can enter a draw to win a Kawasaki Z400 – ideal for rider-friendly, nimble street riding.
- Ontario Provincial Police Golden Helmets – The OPP’s precision motorcycle riding team will perform exhibitions of their superb riding skills aboard their fleet of Harley-Davidson Police Specials.
- Yamaha’s “How To” Demos – Clinton Smout, one of the country’s leading motorcycle training experts, will demonstrate to riders how to safely navigate challenges like riding over obstacles and gravel roads, safely pick-up a fallen motorcycle, and slow-speed riding techniques.
- Vintage Motorcycles – Take a trip down memory lane and see how motorcycles, scooters and side cars have evolved over the decades with exhibits from the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group and Vintage Road Racing Association.
Show hours are: Friday, February 21 (noon – 9 pm); Saturday, February 22 (10 am – 8 pm); Sunday, February 23 (10 am – 5 pm).
Show admission is: Adults (15+) $20; Seniors (65+) $15; Youths (6-14 years) $12; Family Pass (2 adults, 2 youths) $48; She Rides Night $10 (for women after 5:00 pm, Friday, Feb. 21). Children 5 & under are admitted free with adult paid admission.
Visit www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca for more info and to order tickets.
The Toronto Motorcycle Show presented by NFP, is produced by Power Sport Services.
Our presenting sponsor is NFP, a leading brokerage and advisor throughout North America and across the globe. A part of NFP, Dalton Timmis Insurance Group brings motorcycle insurance expertise and innovative specialty insurance to Canada through its Home for Chrome Motorcycle division, and commercial, transportation and personal insurance divisions. Dalton Timmis Insurance was ranked the #1 broker in Canada by Insurance Business in 2016 and 2017 – excellence united with global reach and expanded offerings under the NFP name. [www.nfp.com/Canada]
ABOUT POWER SPORT SERVICES
Power Sport Services (PSS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council (MMIC) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV). PSS owns and produces six premiere motorcycle and ATV shows held in Calgary (Jan. 10-12), Edmonton (Jan. 17-19), Vancouver (Jan. 24-26), Quebec City (Feb. 7-9), Toronto (Feb. 21-23) and Montreal (Feb. 28-Mar.1).[www.motorcycleshows.ca/about-motorcycle-shows]
Toronto Show Public Relations
(905) 554-9491 (office)
(416) 312-9491 (mobile)
Toronto Show Manager
Power Sport Services
Motorcycle Moped Industry Council
Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council
David Grummett, Director of Communications
(416) 491-4449 (office)